REHB028 - Overview of Foot and Ankle Injuries
This course provides an overview of the types of injuries that can occur to a person’s feet and ankles.
This course provides an overview of the types of injuries that can occur to a person’s feet and ankles. Describe the basic structure of the bones, tendons and ligaments of the feet and ankles.
- Describe the types of common foot and ankle injuries;
- Recognize when a foot or ankle injury can be treated at home;
- Explain the available home treatment options for common foot and ankle injuries;
- Recognize when an injury requires a visit to the doctor for evaluation and possible treatment.
- Explain the steps to take to help prevent foot and ankle injuries.
To successfully complete this course, you must attain a minimum score of 80 percent on the final exam and complete the course training survey.
Continuing Education: 1.0 Scientific (S) Category I PCEs by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics (ABC) will be granted to those certified in the disciplines of: Orthotists, Orthotic Assistants, Orthotic Technicians, Orthotic Fitters, Pedorthists; 1.0 Category 1 CPE credits by the Board of Certification/Accreditation (BOC); 1.0 contact hour by the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC); VGM Education is authorized by IACET to offer 0.1 CEUs for this program.